Friday 8 June 2012

When people talk about you

It is difficult enough to suspect/know that people are gossiping about you but that can be sorted with a good old attitude adjustment.  When 5 of the people that you trust the most have to write character references about you then it goes and sits in your clothes.

This week our references were emailed to ask for their input about us as a couple and our suitability  as adoptive parents and I hated every minute of it. It is the most awkward position to be in. Are you super duper nice to that person now or do you just ignore the subject? Do you send flowers or just a note to say thank you?
How do you let that person know how much you appreciate the time they took to help us? I`ve never been in such a position and I don`t think I handled it all that well.

Being an uber control freek I never let a precious situation in the hands of another and I never leave anything to chance so this was yet another test from the Lord and another personal hurdle for me to conquer. I leave this blog post knowing that I did not do so well this time round but that the worst is over and next time I will be better equipped or more gracious to do a better job of it.

No comments: