Friday 15 June 2012

I am certified!

So off we went for our Psychometric tests and two orientation sessions. I did not sleep at all the night before the appointment and I packed my overnight bag just in case I got rushed off to Valkenberg after the psychologist got hold of me. I did however read up about these tests and how best to jippo them. I am happy to report that together with the overnight bag I had a back up plan! If I had to bend the truth so be it.....

Alita was as nice as can be and hubby cracked a few jokes at her expense (again :D) I have to say the actual test was a joke and a child could have jippo-ed them with ease, so nothing exciting to report there! I aced it!  When it came to the personal interview my game plan was to be weary with the amount of info I give and not to be too forthcoming and just to stick to the question and immediate answer. Ag what a joke!!!! With the very first question the walls came tumbling down and I chirped like a canary!!! It was so embarrassing!!!
The worst is that she actually told me after an hour that our time was up! I mean hell, is she not suppose to be thorough here, whatever it takes? Is it not in the best interest of my child that she knows it all????
Obviously she heard enough to reach a verdict and I was whisked away for coffee while she penned down her "observations", read our letters and viewed our profiles.

Obviously I needed to know how soon I will be admitted for further questioning and treatment and much to my delight she declared us sane enough to be given a child! Hells bells what a relief, did wonders for my somewhat wobbling self image! No fibs needed, I passed the test with and including all the skeletons that came tumbling out!

Then we had the most amazing session with our social worker who explained to us how to bond with our new baba and the reactions, emotions or the lack thereof we could expect. I was mesmerised to say the least. I am so reading more about this!!! How in awe am I that God created woman in such a special way that it will only take around 3-4 days for my body to realise I am a mommy and then to respond in exactly the same way that a biological mom`s body would. Watch this space as I am sure that I will be chatting about this subject again.....

The second subject covered the much stressed about subject of telling our princess her story and how to deal with the questions she most definitely will throw at us. What an amazing journey we will walk with her and I am stunned at the advice we got and how we will definitely go about guiding her with this difficult issue. We are now much more at ease and I just pray that I remember everything the SW said. If not the poor woman will most definitely be harassed via email and should she not respond quickly enough, by phone then:)

So all that is left now is a home visit and the panel interview. In my books we are home free and hubby is so excited that he insists that we unpack the cot and get going. The wait is far from over but the end is in sight!

Wherever you are dear princess, mommy and daddy is certified sane and waiting for you!

No comments: