Friday 12 October 2012

77 days!

77 days is how long we waited for our darling angel to be announced into our lives. 77 Days of anticipation, tears, desperation, frustration and hope. Hope that life is good and fair and that somehow you have done enough to deserve that little child and the blessing of being called a mommy.

We are having a huge family gathering this weekend with Kobus`s dad turning 70 and our niece turning 17 and everyone travelling from far and wide to attend. This week have been especially stressful in getting everything organised and cooking, baking and working in between. Had a bit of a meltdown last night and just felt like an overall demon. Growling at everyone and nothing going according to plan. O yes, and I had a lady die in my driveway yesterday so all and all not a great week for me.

Anyway so at 10 past 4 when I saw an unknown number popped up on my screen I nearly screened the call as I was not in the mood for insurance, a cell phone contract or faster ADSL. Yet, I took the call and it was our social worker. The line was very bad and we nearly misunderstood each-other about a freaking cupcake but she called me back. Turns out that Janke (Mikayla as her BM is calling her) was born on 21 August and that we can take her home on the 22nd of October 2012.

Well I cried, big crocodile tears. That is after I screeched. Kobus nearly rolled the car in shock of the noises coming from me. Having heard the one sided conversation and witnessing my sobbing he pieced the whole thing together and started to cry too. Huge, sparkly tears. I was so overcome with love for him and that he was so happy for us too and that he actually showed how he was feeling. I can not begin to describe the way I felt. There was a whole lot of nothingness but also lots of tears. Was it shock? Maybe. Disbelief? Definitely!

I could not believe that the wait is finally over. I could not believe that I could actually cut the price tags off all the clothes. I could not believe the blessing that we received and that we have been granted the biggest wish of our lives.

Well all hell broke loose when we started calling the family and the next few hours were a whirlwind of calls, BBM`s and SMMS`s. It is so surreal for me at the moment. So many happy people out there tonight.

The only information I have is that she has huge Al Debo eyes and that she laughs from her belly. Oh and that she is an angel. On Wednesday we get all her information and we finally get to see how she looks. Going to be a very looooooooong wait. 

So watch this space!

5 comments:

The Blessed Barrenness said...

Congratulations Aneli. Receiving THE CALL is indeed such a magical time. Enjoy every moment of it and get lots of sleep now while you wait for Janke to come home!
xxx

Lilo said...

Omg omg omg. I. Am overcome with joy and happiness! Congratulations

Lilo said...

I re read the post you wrote on the 21st of August. It's as if your heart was calling her home.....

Anonymous said...

So bly vir julle, weereens BAIE geluk! 21 Aug is 'n goei dag, dis ook die dag wat ons ons engel dogter in Kaapstad kom haal het!
Geniet elke oomblik
PS - moenie al die labels van die klere afsny nie jy kan dit altyd weer gaan omruil as dit miskien nie meer pas nie of as jy sien sy is net nie 'n "rooi blommetjies" meisie nie ; )
Madelyn

Juanita said...

WOW!!! Baie geluk julle! So bly dat die onsekerheid vir julle verby is en dat jul amper jul babatjie kan huis toe vat. Mag sy vir julle emmers vol geluk bring. xxx