Tuesday 4 September 2012

Janke`s new closet

So we finally moved and I am steadily working my way through the mountains of boxes. This morning however I really needed to see Janke`s stuff. It gave me immense pleasure to unpack those tiny little outfits and finally see the effect of all that marshmallow pink together.

The purple boots and Naartjie dresses that Natasha gave finally got a place. So did the fantastic gifts and outfits that Nerina and Athane gave just before we left. Thank you ladies for your very special contribution to Janke`s closet.

Ouma Liena added a red polka dot dress that is beyond cute!
Auntie Melanie send a cute little owl and fashion accessories!

Ouma Sonja and Auntie Mariette is both sending parcels via the post office and I just can not wait to go get them. There is something so thrilling about old fashioned postage.

So all and all we are getting there and all the basics are in place for Sussie`s arrival. Now we just have to wait. I must admit that with each passing day it gets harder for me to endure. I have really put my life and career on hold for this little one.

All the articles advises that you have to live your life while you wait and that you should embrace the opportunities that comes your way. Don`t put anything off or postpone stuff. It is actually not that straight forward. I have just started a new life in a new town, I have no job and yet I am reluctant to start a new career just in case she decides to arrive a week into my new job. So for now I am hanging on to my sanity for dear life. I am sure it is much nicer being a Home Executive when there is a little one present.

But I shall endure to try and enjoy the silence of our home, marvel in my afternoon naps and hours of reading. I will sleep late and drink cocktails in the afternoon. So maybe there is some good advice hidden in the words of the faceless bloggers and experts out there. And somewhere in this whole foggy future is my baby girl. The brightest light in my milky way!

2 comments:

The Blessed Barrenness said...

As hard as it is, you really do need to try and live in each day and not putting off decisions or waiting on life for in case something happens. We only have one life to live and what a waste it would be if we spent it waiting for something that may or may not happen.
It's the hardest lesson I've learnt throughout our infertility, I wasted so many opportunities and placed my life on hold and landed up missing out on so much because I was simply living for one day when...
All the best to you!

Juanita said...

Hi Aneli,

Glad that you are settling in your new house - the cupboard is awesome, I love all the pink!
I do agree with living fully and not to let opportunities pass by for the sake of waiting. You can always change your mind later when the little one arrives but once an opportunity has passed, you might never get a 2nd chance. And it helps to keep busy..
On another note, do enjoy the silence, naps and reading and drink all the cocktails that you can, while you still can!!