Friday 13 November 2015

A new journey

When the Lord is in charge it pays to keep quiet and listen! 

The past three years we have been extremely blessed to be the parents of a funny, clever, kind hearted little girl. She brings so much love and laughter in our life and I thank God everyday for the privilege to be her mom. I did however have a yearning to another little baby that I could cuddle and nurture, so the longing grew for a sibling for Janke. 

For two years we went back and forth..should we do it or should we just leave it at peace....?
Six months ago we finally made up our minds that the time is right to start our new journey. We contacted our previous adoption agency, an agency that was recommended to us and a private social worker and got the ball rolling.

While we were waiting for the agencies to get back to us we decided to choose a name for our little one ... don`t ask ... we did it with Janke before we got married ... so off to the internet we went. I sent a few options to Kobus and he liked one of them, so we had a little discussion and Anya Mari Gerber was conceived in our hearts.

The weekend that followed the conception Kobus asked to see Janke`s time capsule and together we looked through all the special things I saved for her. I found her armband that she wore in hospital at birth. I was floored when I saw the name on the armband ..... Baby Anja! Can God give you any better sign as a blessing and confirmation than that?

Time passed and we got frustrated and disappointed with the adoption system in South Africa and we decided to let go. We decided to leave it in the Hands of God to steer this ship and to let Him sort the situation for us and clear the way through the hardship. I went as far as asking him to leave a baby at my doorstep. For the very first time I let go of the reigns and trusted with my whole heart that God will know best.

Four months later (today) I get a call from the very same social worker that never responded to my pre-adoption application, follow up emails and messages. She received my application and would like to see us. So when I told her that I emailed her in July already she sounded baffled and said that she only now received my application ... can God`s hand be any more clear than this?

When I phoned Kobus with the news he just said that Anya is ready to come to us and that God is weaving lives together at this very moment to bring her to us. He is ready to accept God`s gift of another child. How awesome....?

Now we start this journey again, basking in the grace of God, walking in faith knowing that Anya is growing snugly and safely, waiting to come home...

No comments: