Friday 25 January 2013

To love more than once?

We have settled into our new roles as parents and we are beyond madly in love with our child. She is just the be all and end all in our being and I can not imagine not having her in my life! Now that the worst excitement has worn off we confront ourselves with a new challenge......

Are we going to adopt again?

At the moment we are the perfect amount of musketeers and we are a perfect circle of love. Every night when we fit so perfectly into our bathtub I feel blessed and in awe with the joy that this little circle brings into my life.Will another little body fit in too? Will four make us great musketeers too? Will I be able to love another little sole as much as I love Janke at the moment? She has my whole heart to her exclusive use and sometimes I can not breathe at the thought of how much she is part of my being. How do I multiply this? 

I am sure every parent has these feelings and thoughts. I have been asking around and it seems that being a mom is exactly that .... to have the capacity to love (with the same intensity) all of her children equally. Feels completely foreign to me!

So as we move forward the question remain ... are we going to add to our family?
I am moving this to my prayer list because I have no clue. Every day I feel amazed by the new things that motherhood brings to me and how I cope (or don`t cope) with it. Things that I never imagined to feature in my life and conversations I never imagined I would have. The funny things that I now google and the books that I read....

So here is my prayer:
"Dear Lord, you know what is best for me and our family. You have laid out our destiny and you have given us Your prize possession, Janke. Thank you for the way you collide paths to bring us our heart`s desire. Please take our hands and guide us into the future we do not know the outcome of. When the time comes for us to add to our family we will know that it is Your doing and that this process will be as blessed as the first one was. We thank you for our blessing, Janke, and we trust you to do what is best for us! Amen"

1 comment:

The Blessed Barrenness said...

Aneli, enjoy your time with Janke for now, she is so little and the time passes by so quickly, just cherish this time, there is still plenty of time to decide if you want to adopt again.
xxx