Sunday 11 November 2012

Miracles

In the last two weeks I have been a witness to small miracles. Small miracles that happens so fast that it catches you off guard and make you second guess if, in fact, you saw (and interpreted) it correctly. Like the morning when I was dressing Janke and turned around to get a facecloth from the bathroom and she rolled to her side (all by herself) or the moment when she took a swipe at her toy spider and grabbed it. Not only did she manage to grab hold of it but also to stick it in her mouth! The amazement on her face was priceless. 

Being able to see her little body grow and change is such an amazing experience. She is now growing out of her 0 - 3 month clothes and also changed to No3 nappies. Being able to finally dress her in all the funky stuff we have collected over the past months is paying huge dividends.

We also introduced Janke to her Ouma Sonja and Oupa Cobus via a skype video call for the first time. What an experience to be able to chat to ouma via the internet and witness her tears of joy when she saw her grand daughter for the first time. Technology have bridged 1400 km and brought ouma into our lounge. Never shall we be neglecting technology again!!! 

The biggest, heart warming, milestone was when we played this afternoon and she laughed from her belly for the first time. It was the most beautiful sound I have ever heard in my life. Not even when I heard my hubby say "I do" did my heart beat with so much love than what I felt for my daughter this afternoon. Can one heart be big enough for these two blessings that make my life so utterly complete?

Janke, my darling girl, I am so very grateful that the Master picked His most precious flower and gave her to me to share my life with. May you always stay the happy little girl that you are. May your laugh always come as easy and carefree as it did today and may your life be as blessed as ours when we received you!


1 comment:

Signifikans said...

Beautiful - tear-stuff! Enjoy!!!!! Looking forward to receiving our bundle, hopefully soon!