Monday 30 December 2019

An update

I saw a post from my cousin this weekend where she blogged about their journey with infertility and how they chose a completely different route to ours, for completely different reasons. It brought me back to our journey and how blessed we were with our family and that in turn brought me back to my own blog.

I realised that life happened much too fast and that time ran away with me much faster. So much has happened to our family since my last post....herewith then, an update!

Anya Mari Gerber was born on 10 October 2016 and placed with us on 20 December 2016. My best Christmas gift EVER! .... sorry babes, the Carrol Boyes comes pretty close...



Our adoption journey is now complete ... technically, but our life journey just got a lot more exciting.

Our second adoption took much longer than the first one and my patience and trust were tested over and over again. I became so despondent at one stage that I refused to buy anything for the little one in waiting. Very different from my first approach where I was ready for action from day one.
We also had a daughter already that we had to guide and coach on this adoption journey in order for her to understand what adoption really is and what it entails. Before this, the word "adoption" was just a word that she knew and a story that she knew and recited but she did not really understand. The full weight of that story and how you tell it really only dawned on us properly when we had to look into those trusting eyes and pray that the right words will be dictated to us by a higher hand.
How proud am I not of my Janke child. Embracing her story with so much joy and pride. She blossoms when she tells her story and how she became a big sister. I pray that when the time comes that we have to tell Anya her story that she too will take pride in her journey. Credit I can not take for this, I am much too inexperienced. I can only thank God that He is in control of this ship. Many days I feel like the deckhand on this vessel but I draw endless courage to know that we have the best Captain ever. 

So, here we are ...  the blessed parents of two spectacularly different divas.




1 comment:

Joan said...

Lovely read Anni, how I admire your journey and now your blog!